Monday, June 16, 2008

Jacquie

“Okay everyone! What we’re going to do now…because you’re all first years, and probably don’t know each other – sit next to someone you don’t know!”
Upon hearing our instructions, both Natalie and I looked at each other anxiously, and around the bus to scout out people we would judge to be someone we could like. I spotted this one guy, in his tan pinstriped trousers and light pink dress shirt. Convinced I would be barking up the wrong tree, I shot my eyes towards the girl sitting next to him. Our eyes locked, this was it, this was the random I would be sitting next to for the bus trip to a place or places we did not know. She was tall, had long brown hair, sporting a dress featuring satin and many colours.
“So now the fun begins! To introduce yourself to your partner, exchange names and favourite sexual positions.”
“Wow…this is going to be awkward.” I gathered up the courage to speak to the girl.
“Aha…yeah. I’m Jacquie!” She responded, with a immense infectious smile.
“I’m Luke. So I guess you’re a first year… what course are you doing?” I ask.
“Science, what about you?”
“Commerce.” I nervously eavesdrop into others conversations around us, to see if they’re actually discussing sexual positions… to my shock, everyone was getting into the intimate details of their sexual fantasies, this was certainly…an interesting experience.
“Okay…so I guess we should discuss our favourite sexual positions?” I ask, the anxiety in my voice would have been ingenuous.
“So what is yours?” She shoots back.
Plucking the courage to respond honestly, I use my hands and inappropriate thrusts to depict my preferred position.
This resulted in a look of shock, and a fit of hysterics.




I never did find out Jacquie’s favourite position. Apparently, she was in too much shock at my honesty. That is the story of how I met Jacquie, on the O Week Mystery Bus Tour – and for those interested, that guy I thought was hot turned out to be her boyfriend. That night, turned into a great bonding experience. By that I mean, a truly inebriated affair held between Jacquie, her boyfriend at the time Andrew, Natalie and myself. In fact, my greatest achievement of that night was being named champion of the bus, which meant I was the drunkest and thus, people had to buy me drinks! In my drunken courage, I even took my top off on the dance floor at Metro. It was a great night had by all, and the beginning of an awesome friendship.

Attending the remaining O-Week festivities together with Jacquie, and all of the later Uni parties for the year, and even random Uni-bar nights – we had many drunken nights together, and even the more rare sober ones. I have even developed rapport with her cat Sassy, who at this point – has not scratched me since jumping on me one night in my sleep. Through Jacquie, I have met a lot of other great people, and done a lot of great things. These include but are not limited to people such as Carly, and great things such as working the corners of Hawthorn raising money for the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal.

During the first year of Uni, I saw a lot of Jacquie – having semi-regular lunches and the like. Unfortunately, due to our timetables, catching up is a little more irregular, however I do appreciate the fact that we are able to pick up from where we left off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love u luke!! xxx

Green said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

aww so sweeet

Paul said...

... what did you do with your hands??? I i know you didn't mean to but i get this image of you miming fisting, which in all accounts is kinda disturbing.

And to think what could have happened if you ended up choosing someone else.