Monday, October 12, 2009

Advice

Currently, I am taking the advice of two friends regarding a certain situation. I am a little apprehensive and uncomfortable following the advice. The advice in itself is logical, and makes complete sense; even from two different perspectives. But I can't help but feel uncomfortable with it.

One of the main reasons I don't really like taking peoples advice is because it tends to irk me the possibility that you are not being given this advice in good-faith. I don't doubt either of these people, honestly, but one of them certainly owes me nothing more than another party concerned, so there is the chance of a conflict of interest.

Another reason I don't like this particular advice, is because there is no real timeline. It could be endless, it could end up with what I view as undesirable consequences. These consequences could just be a fact of life, the way it should be, or whatever common, normal label you'd like to put on it. But I still don't like it, and don't want that outcome.

Following other people's advice comes with risks. For some reason, I am following this advice and taking these risks. I don't really like it. But oh well.

3 comments:

Luke! said...

I apologise for the vagueness :P

Tim Mc said...

Take nobodies advice but your own! Weigh everything up and make decisions with thought. Maybe dont even take this advice...

Luke Davidson said...

Haha, given the vaugeness of the post, all I can say is Tim's advice makes sense. Weigh it all up and make your own choice. And if it's wrong, you're better off learning from your own mistakes than other people's.