Thursday, January 8, 2009

Endings

Oh, how I need to write. It’s been far too long, so I guess it’s blog time…it has been a month since my last entry, so it is well overdue.

Firstly, I’d like to direct you all to the fact that the genius who created Ashton X has added a …well I don’t really know what to call it, but I’ll say a teaser to his blog. Following that link, you can also follow the link to Creepy Lamingtons, Luke has also added a crazy short story to that. He’s been busy apparently!

Well, for those of you who are aware, I’ve been in Canada for the past few months. But those months abroad are coming to an end, quite quickly as well. I leave Canada in just a few days, and while I most definitely will be back, within a year I hope, I can’t help but be sad about that. As I look back on the time I’ve had over here, the fantastic people I have met, and the amazing cities, and countries, I have visited while here. These are most certainly untradeable memories, and every moment of my time here has come with no regrets, and no real…’if I do it again, I’d do…’

However, as I look forward in the coming weeks, I’m also excited to be going home. To have the comfort of my own bed, a kitchen that has food that I haven’t bought, the occasional (as in, when I am home) wholesome meal served to me… the little things! The friends I have missed, and wished were here experiencing all these wonderful things with me, the family, in particular my mother. I’m a mumma’s boy, through and through, I’m not ashamed to admit it.

This week has kind of been the buffer week between leaving the exchange environment and returning home, and it has been spent in Vancouver, one of my favourite cities of Canada. It’s up there with Montreal, I’m still torn. Thankfully, I have had met Kyle here, one of the avid blog readers of mine. Been very welcoming, and a great tour guide. Together, along with a few of his friends, we’ve been to a Poetry Slam (and interesting experience, if I do say so), and a comedy club. And I’ve seen some parts of Vancouver I don’t recall seeing in my brief visit prior to my exchange.

I get to see Ms. Clare, one of the Aussies who was on exchange with me, this Friday. As she comes to visit me in Vancouver, and perhaps see her brother. It’s ironic, I’m looking forward to seeing her so much, and so excited to have her company yet… she’s still going to be the first person I see post-exchange, once I’m at home. In fact, one week from the date I leave her in Vancouver, I’ll be at her house for her 21st!

Anyway, sorry for the short update, and lack of extremely interesting topic…just needed to write, and had no idea what to write about!

3 comments:

Welcome to Creepy Lamingtons: home to a mix of strange stories and articles that hopefully won't leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. said...

Sounds like you've had an awesome time over there. I really want to visit Canada - but I also really want to avoid planes. Maybe I need to see a hypnotist?

So, IQ this thurs? :) Oh, and thanks for plugging my blog (wow, that sounds dirty haha).

Luke! said...

Well, perhaps I shall venture to IQ. I don't believe I'm scheduled for anything that first Thursday night… which is a surprise, as my parents have seen fit to develop a schedule for me!

Canada is amazing, you definitely should visit! I'm coming back in a year, start saving, you can come with me! If it makes you feel better, we can take a boat…but you'll need to take some substantial leave from work.


No problems giving you the plug… hah, it does sound dirty!

Jimzip said...

Excellent! Well great to hear you had a good time over here, I don't know why I haven't met Kyle yet, he's over here somewhere (checks under mousepad)... Will have to arrange a blogmeet soon. (Wow. Dost thou speak g33k?)

Anyway, I have to commend you on visiting so many cities and countries in Canada... I haven't seen many of the other countries in Canada but I hope to one day! ;p

I joke!

Jimzip :D