Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wondering

I do have to wonder, at which point in the future will i stop allowing myself to be controlled by foolish and immature emotions?

I do apologise for the morose and melancholy blogs recently. Just had the thought, perhap epiphany even, that many important decisions in my life are governed by emotions, that frankly have no place in the decision making process. It has certainly led to irrational decisions, decisions that serve only social goals rather than the deeper personal ones. It irks me, yet I cannot seem to consciously avoid it.

So my followers, enlighten me. Have you found yourself in this position before? If you have, share your stories and perhaps even the secret to overcoming it! :P

4 comments:

Welcome to Creepy Lamingtons: home to a mix of strange stories and articles that hopefully won't leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. said...

Hmm, but emotions do have a role to play in some decisions - like 'Will I happy in job, etc?'

I don't know, I was going to offer advice, but I just realised I'm single, unemployed, 30 and still can't manage to cook and clean properly... I think I'll just wait for other people's advice! In the meantime, where'd I leave my vodka? :)

Jimzip said...

Hahah. Yeah I can't offer much advice, but I have certainly been in that position before.

It's hard to let logic in before emotion when you're in the heat of the moment, but rather than getting carried away, I try to take a moment to step back before I respond. The phrase 'I'll sleep on it' caught on for a reason too. ;) Things that seem to be the end of the world sometimes become insignificant in the morning.

Not sure if I'm hitting the right spot there, but that's my 2c.

Jimzip :D

Luke! said...

Emotions certainly do have an important role in some decisions... and to ignore emotions in all decisions would be a bad idea. I am , however, referring to certain emotions that really don't have relevance to the decision, but you give heed to them anyway. I only notice that I have done this post-decision. It's a problem! :P

Tim Mc said...

Without trying to sound like some wise monk who passes down pearls of wisdome, because i make just as many mistakes as the next guy...

Its the middle speed that causes mistakes.

Some things need to be considered carefully, and these things you need to slow right down so you can consider them at all angles.

Other things you need to speed up, before you build up the emotions that muddle them and make you heisitate and doubt and change your mind.

This iv found helps. Whether it helps you or not...#grin# Whether or not, everybody gets older and wiser
and as long as there is no true regret the events that unfold arnt all that bad, just experience.